Table of Contents
- 1 One of the Main Means of Individual Protection
- 2 Kinds of Uniforms
- 2.1 School
- 2.2 Police Uniform
- 2.3 Firemen Uniforms
- 2.4 Corporate Uniform
- 2.5 Doctors` uniform
- 2.6 Sport Uniform
One of the Main Means of Individual Protection
The Main Purpose
Is to ensure reliable protection of the human body from various production factors while maintaining a normal functional state and performance.
According to this, the following wear refers to uniforms: short overcoat, coat, capes; raincoats, half-coats, dressing gowns, suits, jackets, shirts, trousers, shorts, overalls, vests, dresses, sarafans, blouses, skirts, aprons, shoulder pads. These kinds of uniforms can be used both separately and in the complete set.
Uniforms can be of general purpose, waterproof, protecting from the effects of radioactive contamination and X-rays, acid-protective, alkali-protective, oil-protective, protecting from mechanical influences, dustproof, protecting from organic solvents and toxic substances, heat-shielding, electrical and signal.
Creation of corporate style and, consequently, the image of the organization is unthinkable without tailoring the uniforms. This type of clothing “works” in several directions at once: the form disciplines employees, creates a unique atmosphere within the collective, at the subconscious level forming a team spirit; due to its functionality, it simplifies the performance of labor duties; forms a positive attitude of customers to the company; provides psychological comfort to employees.
Uniforms Are a Fairly Broad Concept
This includes such types of clothing: corporate dress, overalls, work suits, and clothing for the service sector, medicine, and pharmaceuticals, the army, and law enforcement officials. Recently, it has become an integral part of the corporate style, and in some cases – the opportunity to stand out among competitors, to emphasize their status and high position among them. The chain of reasoning here is understandable: providing employee’s uniform, the company primarily cares about their comfort, so, with even greater care it will treat potential customers. It’s no secret that a single style in clothes is held by companies oriented to the mass consumer, and this is primarily a service sector: shops, cleaning companies, repair shops, banks, cafes, and hotels. If you do not take into account the public service, the overalls are characterized by a great variety of choice of fabrics, styles, and accessories.
However, uniform refers to the category of clothing for work, so it must comply with the norms of business turnover. The basic requirements for working uniforms are as follows. Calm, neutral colors and right quality fabrics. Sewing corporate clothes from cheap materials is a sign of bad taste even for industrial enterprises, let alone those that are oriented towards solid customers. Better if the fabric is not bright or large drawings: simplicity of shapes and a discreet appearance is welcomed.
This does not apply to businesses whose employees are required to attract attention by their appearance, for example, in the entertainment industry or the sphere of trade. As for the styles, here everything is quite simple: immediately cut off tight clothing (especially knitted), too short skirts, high cuts, and tight pants. Many companies buy smart blouses so that even on special days employees are dressed in the same style. If you intend to use accessories, they are also better to buy in bulk, and not to give their choice at the discretion of employees.
Kinds of Uniforms
Some activities require wearing special clothes, uniforms. This applies to the police and firefighters, who wear such uniforms that allow them to be identified. Besides, the costume helps to do better work for those who wear it. So, firefighters wear uniforms that protect them from fire and high temperatures.
Nurses, doctors also wear uniforms. It helps them stay clean in an environment where there are often many bacteria. Uniforms help people feel comfortable. Can you imagine a doctor without a medical gown?
Uniform is an essential part of military service. Soldiers wear uniforms to recognize each other. Their form also protects them from certain factors. An example is a camouflage uniform, which serves as excellent camouflage. Some companies require their employees to wear uniforms so that customers can distinguish them.
School children in many schools also wear uniforms. Many parents like it, because they do not need to invent every morning what to wear their child. Besides, the school uniform is not expensive, and parents do not need to spend money on different clothes for their child.
The school uniform is now being introduced in many schools, and the color scheme is used rather restrained: dark blue, grey, burgundy and dark green tones predominate. Now, strangely enough, the traditions of the time when the school uniform was a source of pride are returning. Therefore, the parent meeting, together with the administration, independently decides what clothes should be acceptable for a particular school, because the school uniform, like children’s clothes in general, has undergone significant changes. Teachers say that nothing prevents parents from showing their imagination and upholding your children’s right to individuality.
Requirements for the School Uniform
Today the school makes some requirements for the school uniform. Let's get acquainted with them in more detail:close
- The social importance of the school uniform. Social importance is one of the important values in wearing a school uniform since it is the thing that solves one of the most urgent problems of schoolchildren today – social inequality and infighting in the children’s environment, which young people show in demonstrating their expensive school uniforms.
- The disciplining value of the school uniform. The supporters of a returning to school uniform appeal to the fact that the form, as nothing else helps the trainees to be tuned to the work process, its essence makes the students distinguish between work and leisure. The style conveys the idea of the status, and with an understanding of its meaning, it successfully transforms the errant student into a disciplined student.
- The aesthetic value of the school uniform. The aesthetics of clothes, like nothing else, construct the surrounding world of a person – indicates that it corresponds to its discipline, attention to surrounding people, the ability to see and create beauty, the main type of its activity, its culture and value orientations – it reflects our consciousness, being a human mirror content.
- The image value of a school uniform. As you know, the personality is evaluated according to different parameters, including the style of clothing. The school form, in this case, is not only a reflection of the reality of a person but also as a general characteristic and emblem of an educational institution that has its respectful attitude, high level of education, traditions, and status.
Police officers are required to comply with certain rules and requirements regarding wearing uniforms at different times of the year and for separate occasions. The uniform clothing of the employee is mandatory for wearing during the performance of official duties. This does not apply to those employees who cannot officially wear it during work. Its samples are approved by the Government of the country. A person who has entered the service in bodies is provided at the expense of the federal budget with several sets, each of which corresponds to the type of service, the time of year and the sex of the employee.
Until the end of the 20th century, the uniform of the British policemen practically did not change: a long jacket with silver buttons, black trousers with a sewn pocket for a truncheon. Police officers did not wear bulletproof vests, and their equipment was much poorer than modern ones. The form of the British police has changed, including for security reasons. In 1994, police dressed in black trousers, a white shirt, navy blue jumper, body armor, and on top – a jacket with reflective strips. British police officers can be easily recognized by their characteristic helmet.
Also, they added a special belt on which all the equipment rests. Well, and, of course, the traditional form of the helmet remained part of the policeman’s suit. Around the same time, the patrol was allowed not to wear the top jacket since in some situations it restricts the movement.
Currently, the uniform of the British police consists of a black jacket, sometimes with a belt attached (depending on the rank), trousers or skirt, a white or light blue shirt, a black tie, and a helmet. True, with a “full parade” of policemen can only be seen on special occasions.
The form of the American police varies according to the state, but many unifying elements create a recognizable image of the representative of the law.
US policemen do not wear light shirts to avoid becoming a “target” in the dark.
In the second half of the 19th century, the uniform of American law enforcement officers was blue and consisted of an elongated jacket, trousers, and a flat hat. The police carried a baton with them. True, in some states where no one patrolled the streets, and the sheriff came to investigate only on the fact of committing a crime, there was no special form.
The representative of the law could only be distinguished by the badge, and the clothes were often civil. Somewhere towards the beginning of the 20th century, the form became more like the one worn by the British police: a buttoned jacket, an army-style shirt, a tie, trousers, and a cap.
Currently, the diversity of forms of police officers in the United States is excellent. And they can not be brought to the general standard. Municipal police officers are usually dressed in black or blue, and sheriffs are brown or khaki. Unlike British colleagues, American policemen do not wear light shirts: it is believed that the white color, which is visible in the dark, can make an officer a light “target” for the offender.
Firefighter – every second boy in childhood dreamed of being a fireman. And only a few realized their dream. This profession is very dangerous for the life and health of employees, so the developers are very careful with their clothes.
The fireman's clothing is also divided in type:close
- Clothes created for the commanding staff of the fire brigade. Its primary ability is considered to be light-reflecting lines arranged in two rows, and an extended working jacket.
- Clothing intended for ordinary employees.
- The specialized firefighting uniform is designed to protect the life and health of firefighting personnel in regular and extreme situations while performing work duties. Such clothing of firefighters is used for firefighting at all stages up to a firestorm.
The main factors from which firemen's clothing protect:close
- Emissions of tongues of open fire sparks;
- The high intensity of the shock flow of heat;
- Increasing air temperature; smoke;
- Loss of orientation due to low visibility;
- Drop in the level of oxygen;
- Increased concentration of toxic substances released during combustion and thermal decomposition.
Based on many years of fire extinguishing experience of different levels of complexity, general requirements for the design of the uniform and its physical and mechanical characteristics have been developed.
Requirements for Firemen`s uniform
Creators have set the following basic requirements for such clothing:close
- Maximum heat resistance.
- High resistance to the aggressive action of acids and alkalis, toxins, poisons, radiation.
- Strengthened strength properties of materials that protect against physical and mechanical influences.
- Firemen`s uniform has many requirements for their existence, material, function, and property. They may be different and color.
Good clothes open all doors. The working form of the staff is one of the most important components of the corporate style of the company, which is presented to us by the modern version of the two-faced Janus. If the logo is a trade showcase of the company, then the clothing of the personnel is its human face.
Corporate Clothes design as part of retail branding
In his free time, a company employee can play in a rock band, hunt ghosts or raise twenty children, in general, be as interesting and unordinary personality as possible, but during work, he is part of the company, a brand that has adopted a physical shell. And he should dress according to not his taste, but the company’s preferences. And, going to work, together with tens/hundreds/thousands of other staff members to represent a single whole, at the end of the working day, disintegrating into many parts, so that the next morning to get together again.
The Pluses of Corporate Uniform
Many specialists have identified the following pluses of corporate uniform:close
- It will become a unifying factor for the staff. Dressed in a beautiful and stylish, and most importantly, recognizable form, the employee will feel pride in belonging to something bigger than himself, which will manifest itself in the results of work. The French philosopher Levi-Bruhl called this the “principle of participation,” which dates back to ancient times, when our ancestors united under the totem of the tribe, feeling their involvement in it. Now the totem has replaced the brand, but the principle of work has remained the same: logical thinking is inferior to the archaic, allowing the collective to unite and feel one-piece.
- She will tell the client about the company. Democratic in price and style, but at the same time, the quality form of employees will allow the client to understand all the reliability and seriousness of a bank that skillfully manages its funds. At the same time, employees of the bank, working only with legal entities, should be dressed in the highest category.
- The customer will remember you. The image of the corporate form will remain in the client’s head, blending into a single whole with the company itself. Therefore, the colors of clothes should duplicate the colors of the corporate style of the company. Remember that the main task of the staff’s clothing is to protect the employee, while at the same time providing comfortable working conditions.
Design of clothes for employees: differences
In the modern world, sometimes every second is important, but people still spend a lot of time on useless things like choosing clothes. Have you ever wondered why Mark Zuckerberg always appears in public in the same set of grey T-shirts, black hoodies and jeans? Many famous people like him or Barack Obama greatly simplify their lives in such things, concentrating on something more global. And they succeed. Remember Jobs with his famous turtleneck and sneakers.
- Administrative. Clothing management company. It is its embodiment, which makes the requirements for stylistics and production more complex. Throwing in it should be combined with simplicity.
- Uniform of employees of the first line. Clothes consultants, waiters, security, administrators, etc. The above requests are applied here, but in addition to it, special requirements are presented for durability, strength and other similar aspects. The difference from the costume of managers often manifests itself in a simplified appearance.
- Work uniform. Clothes cleaners, cooks, technicians, craftsmen, etc. Since this staff does not often fall into the client’s field of vision, it is not so much the design that is important here as the compliance with all the characteristics of a good working form.
Since ancient times, medical workers all associate with white robes. Modern employees of medical institutions as overalls choose and more convenient options, trouser suits, and not only white. In any case, a uniform is mandatory for all representatives of this profession, even for students.
The functions of doctors` uniform
Why is it needed and why doctors cannot work in everyday outfits, like a teacher or an accountant, for example?close
- Convenience and comfort. For sure it is difficult to imagine a surgeon in the operating room dressed in ragged jeans and a branded jersey or a nurse in a strict business suit. Overalls are primarily designed for convenience so that during work the person feels comfortable. For her choose breathable materials with antistatic properties, and styles of honey clothes allow you to move freely, without constraint movements.
- Practicality and accurateness. Surely no one will want to lie under the scalpel of an untidy and dirty surgeon. The appearance of the doctor should be neat, sterile and cause the patient’s confidence. Daily contact with various drugs, blood does not preclude the possibility of permanent contamination. That is why medical clothing is made of materials that repel blood and moisture, are simple in care, cleaning, and disinfection.
- Previously, the only cotton was used for sewing medical costumes. Although it does not create a greenhouse effect and is pleasant to the body, it easily crumbles and loses its appearance, in addition, it is difficult to remove stains on it. Now for these purposes use the combined natural materials with synthetic fibers, which are more practical and durable.
- Protection and Security. Medical suits employees dress on arrival to the workplace. This is necessary to minimize the number of street bacteria in the institution, which is very important for the health of patients. The medical caps are designed to hide the hair, and the shoe covers help to maintain the sterility of the room.
- Recognition function. It is also worth noting that if doctors did not wear special clothes in medical institutions, it would be difficult for patients to distinguish them from other people. Therefore, it has a recognizing function. In addition, this uniform helps physicians to concentrate better and does not divert attention, as, say, a bright blouse or fashion trousers.
Many clinics to create a positive image, introduce a dress code for the employees. These requirements can only concern the color of clothing or style. Very often they order tailoring costumes with the logo of their institution. This is a guarantee of patient confidence and a sign of a serious approach to work.
Uniforms Medical Women
Today, regular physical activity has become a recognized standard of health. It can be an active rest, morning jogging, playing a favorite sport or a gym. In any case, comfortable and practical sportswear is the key to successful pursuits.
Modern manufacturers offer a wide range of products
Sportswear today is placed in a separate category, and this is not surprising, because it has special requirements. It should well “breathe” and provide good ventilation of the body, remove excess moisture from the surface, be wear-resistant and not lose its attractiveness and technical characteristics after frequent washing. Manufacturers understand that such clothes are subject to high loads, which means that it must be stronger and more resistant to deformation.
Sports shoes are also subject to individual requirements
Sneakers for running differ in the design of the sole and tighter lacing, shoes for tennis has its functional features. Dance shoes today is represented by a wide range: its shoes for ballroom dancing, and jazz, and Czech women’s. Manufacturers are actively developing new models that will meet all the requirements of a particular sport.